Friday, June 3, 2011

How Do I Change the Shift Knob on a 2001 oldsmobile aurora?

I%26#039;m trying to customize my car a little and I can%26#039;t figure out how to change the shift knob...anyone have any ideas or suggestions? please help. =[|||If it is a console shift leaver look at the front of the lever facing the dash you will see a stapler type pin.


Take a flat screw driver and pry it out the best you can and be careful not to pull the wires of as you will lift the knob up and out. It should be in neutral to do this.


The reason for this is because you have your power shifter knob on the left of it and must be remove with care. As for what you want to do I do not know what style you want to achieve put it wont be easy to do.|||I just customized my 01 aurora shift knob. All you have to do is pull the silver piece down. Then move it into reverse so you can push the silver piece as far down as possible. You will see a clip, Start prying between the clip trying to pry the sides out a little and pull it up and off. 5-10 min

Report Abuse


|||hammer and chisel|||Typically you just have to twist (counter clockwise) REALLY hard, and it will unscrew.

No comments:

Post a Comment