Thursday, September 15, 2011

Remove shift knob from 1997 Toyota Camry? Please Answer!?

the car is automatic transmission and it a button has to be pushed to change gears. It also has that tricky overdrive button which is what I think is holding me up. There are wires on it and i believe thats whats stopping me but idk how to remove them. I unscrewed the screws in my handle myself but it wont come off cuz of the wires. And now im mad because i cant get it back to the way it was, anyway i want to put a new handle on or fix the old one so does anyone have specifics on how to deal with the overdrive button and wires. Is overdrive even necessary, im not drag racing so i know i wont need it lol. If possible please let me know if i can just cut those wires to get the shifter back to normal cause i think i messed it up. Any toyota owners, please help. Im 17 and im getting this car in a week for my birthday, i want to have that knob working, thanks
Remove shift knob from 1997 Toyota Camry? Please Answer!?
i think it held on with set screws and any hardware store has them be careful make sure you get the metric ones not the ase one ok good luck take you time

No comments:

Post a Comment